Wednesday, May 23, 2012

A Day at the Beach!

Let me start by saying, if it was 80 degrees out every day, all day, I would be one happy girl. I love the heat. Love, love, love.

Lucky for me, it has been near 80 all week here. We're right down the road from Lake Erie, so we decided to cross off another Summer Bucket List item.

And I don't know about you, but when it's 80 out, there's no better place to be than the beach! :)

Aldon has been to the beach only once before in his life, on the 4th of July last year (he was 7 months old). He loved it! Needless to say, his affection hasn't changed any :)

Being that it's still mid May, the water of course was FREEZING. I wouldn't go in past my ankles. My fish child? Could barely stay out of it! Daddy braved the chill with him while mom watched from a safe, warm distance on the shore ;)



Wading in the FREEZING water. Crazy kids.
he thought it was hilarious how the sand stuck to his wet toes!


mama & toddler playing in the sand.

raking for buried treasures! he insisted we take every rock we found home. every. single. one.

laying out, soaking up the rays.

the best way to get sand off of your wet toes, according to Aldon.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what's happening with you!