Thursday, October 31, 2013

November Already?!

Wait, wasn't it just September?
And now it's the last day of October?!


Happy Halloween, everyone! 

October has been good to the Hartman clan. Because I am a bit of a sap, it's always my favorite month- Keegan and I started dating in October (many moons ago), both of my boys were born in October... It's a sentimental month. 

Speaking of birthdays- This year we decided to throw the boys one joint first and third birthday party. With their birthdays two weeks apart, it made the most sense- although I stressed about it unnecessarily for quite some time. Poor Liam already has Second Child Syndrome, and he didn't even get his own first birthday party. Hopefully that therapy bill later in life won't be too massive ;)

Our theme this year for the boys was a birthday Carnival- it was a lot of fun! We had typical carnival food for guests, games and activities. Several friends and family came to celebrate with them. In all, it was an awesome day! 







I can't believe I don't have a baby anymore! And Aldon is THREE. Three just seems so old. Grown up. 
Aldon Matthew, from birth to age three

Liam Allen's first year
Some days they are the best of friends. Others, well, let's just say Aldon's latest phrase is "Hey guys, can you take him (Liam)?" Little brother is obsessed with big bro, and wants to do everything he is doing. Most of the time Aldon is happy to play with and entertain his brother, but he's human and gets annoyed with it sometimes too.

Aldon is doing so well in preschool- he loves it there. Loves his teachers, has made some new friends, and comes home every day singing a new song.

And speaking of school- life for me is going to get a lot more hectic. I've got my new schedule for clinicals, skills labs, and lectures- and it looks like I will have even less of a life than I do now, ha. Such is the life of a full time parent and nursing student.

Hopefully November and December will slow down some for us, and we can have time to just chill as a family. Even though I'm home with the boys during the day, I leave nights and weekends to go to classes, and of course there's always other commitments we have- the times where it's just the four of us are minimal.

Hope everyone has a fun, and safe!, Halloween tonight! We're expecting rain here, booo :(


Oh! I almost forgot! What kind of update would this be if I didn't show pictures of the fur baby?!
Remember this little mutt? 




Well, he's not so little anymore. Not little at all, in fact. Fritzmeister Von Gomer is now a 75-pound, active 7 month old boy.

...who clearly has a rough life. (Yes, I lost the battle with keeping him off of the couch. Funny story, when you tell him to go to bed, he jumps on the couch and makes himself comfortable. Actually, that's not funny at all. But, still sort of cute).
The breeder we adopted him from said Shepherds typically stop growing and reach their adult weight by ten months of age. Fritz's dad (Gomer, hence his name) is I think about 90 pounds, his mom was a little smaller than that. So, Fritz, you can slow down the growth any time now- we wanted a dog not a mini horse ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what's happening with you!