Thursday, May 26, 2011

In A Nutshell...

Since my last post I have:

MOVED!
 ...and probably remembered why I hate moving so much. I canNOT stand clutter and disorganization (seriously, I organize my fridge and cabinets like every week, obsessive, I know), yet with our schedules half of my house is still in boxes and there's baby stuff everywhere and it's just a mess.  

GOTTEN A NEW RIDE!
...yes, brace yourself, I opted for a sweet, jealousy-inducing.... MINI VAN. Contain the envy, please, while I explain why- we live three hours away from family, and like to visit frequently. In order to do that, that means we need to bring:

-Aldon, whose car seat (aka the "Mercedes") is a monster and takes up a gargantuan amount of space.
-about half of his wardrobe since you never know how many outfit changes the day might bring.
-jumperoo
-his "BMW": aka the walker
-jumperoo
-high chair and tray
-baby bathtub
-baby food
-baby feeding utensils
-baby toys
-depending on the situation, the Pack N Play.
-my pump in case I actually wind up doing something and miss a feeding with Aldon
-clothes for me, again extras because my outfit changes usually equal the number of Aldon's when the day gets "explosive"
-plus, of course, bathroom and shower accessories and yada yada.
-and since grandparents spoil grandbabies like crazy, we usually return home with more clothes and toys for Aldon.

Now, can YOU fit all of that in your little car? I didn't think so. Yes, I have officially became "that" mom. 

AND HUNG OUT WITH MY BESTEST FRIEND IN THE WHOLE WIDE WORLD!
Not many people can say they have had the same best friend from kindergarten through college, but I have that privelage! Sanya came down to visit me this past weekend and we had a blast. You can read about all of it here. She's a much better blogger than I am, and detailed it out in her own blog :) 

AND LEARNED HOW TO KNIT!
Sanya friend taught me how to do that, too, while she was here. I'm basically horrible for now, but I did make one sweet washcloth. 

Our plans for this weekend include going back up north, catching the parade in Mackinaw City for Memorial Day, and letting baby man sink his toes into some good ole northern Michigan beaches :) Hope everyone has a great holiday!  

1 comment:

  1. YES! Did you finish the washcloth you natural knitter you! I am serious you picked up on it way faster than myself. I love your mini van and organization is a good thing in my book, I get into modes sometimes as well.

    Cant wait to see you this weekend! Its been a little chilly up here, but I hope it warms up for the weekend. Bring some sweaters! :)

    Love you lady friend!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what's happening with you!