Sunday, July 01, 2012

{24 weeks!}

How far along? 24 weeks! (+3 days)
How big is baby? just shy of a foot long, and over 1 pound! About the size of a grapefruit.
Weight gain: almost 15 pounds
Maternity clothes? Went maternity shopping for the first time today, couldn't put it off any longer. Amazingly, I actually found jeans that were small enough to fit! Aaaand, they were only $5.91 :)
Stretch marks? notta.
Sleep: is getting harder to accomplish. I've always been a half-stomach sleeper, and up until recently I could sort of sleep the same way as before. Not anymore. Baby decides it's SO much fun to kick and push against the side of the bed all. night. long.
Best moment this week: Everyone received their gender reveal packets!
Miss Anything? Sleep, wine. The usual.
Movement: Naturally, baby is very active at night, right when I want to (try to) go to sleep.
Food cravings: frozen grapes. Love, love, love. And they're perfect for this 100 degree weather 
Anything making you queasy or sick: I'm back to where I can't stomach the idea of red meat. uck.
Gender: BOY!
Labor Signs:
are a long ways away!
Symptoms: lower back pain and my feet are always killing me at the end of the day. Just an excuse for some pampering from Keegan, though ;) 
Belly Button in or out? In
Wedding rings on or off? On
Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy!

Looking forward to: we bought baby's new furniture for his room, and bed sets for both boys! looking forward to setting those up for them :)

I had a doctor's appointment this week, and I am So. Sick. of the looks I get when people ask "This is your first??" and I explain nope, second. The receptionist at the office felt the need to explain the end of pregnancy to me, and I commented on how I remembered from my first time around, instant eyebrow raise. And then the inevitable, "Oh, well....congratulations..." in a snarky tone. 

I don't get it. It's nothing new- Aldon's pediatrician's office in Big Rapids was always a trip, peppered with "wow, you're actually good parents!" comments at nearly every visit- but I still don't get it. Yes, we are "young" ish, I suppose. But I still don't see how that sets the tone for what type of parent I will be... whatever. 

Apparently I'm a big mama tho- the doctor measured my belly and was a little shocked and mentioned how I was bigger than he thought I would be. Awsome for the ole ego ;) I'm measuring about a week ahead of schedule, so baby must be a big boy! 

24 weeks!
We had a very long, very fun, but very long weekend these past few days. This mama is looking forward to eating a bowl of frozen grapes and catching up on some Kindle reading before it's Monday again! 

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what's happening with you!