Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Baby is a... !!

If you actually read these ramblings weekly, you'll know that a few weeks ago we found out if baby-on-the-way is a boy or a girl. 

Just simply announcing the news to friends and family by telling them was too easy, so we made everyone work for it ;)

To announce baby Hartman's gender, Keegan had the idea of creating a word search that either had "boy" or "girl" as the only word in it, mailing them out to everyone, and letting them find the answer. I tried creating it myself, but I couldn't figure it out. So I stumbled upon this set by The MomBot on Etsy, and they were perfect! 

However, I also found these while I was browsing, and in true Etsy fashion, couldn't resist. These scratch off's by Inklings Paperie are So. Gorgeous. I didn't think paper could be gorgeous, but they are. So we got both, and figured half of everyone would get word searches, and the other half would get scratch off's. 

We assembled packets for everyone- with instructions to open the scratch off/word search first, and then a little card. Inside the card was just a cheesy little poem I came up with:
Soft and Sweet,
A bundle of joy,
Our family is expecting...

A Baby _____!
(you can probably guess what went in the blank, but again it's just too easy to say. If you really can't figure it out, keep reading ;) )

here's what it all looked like:
front of the word search...

...and the back!
cute little scratch off :)


packet for word search!

and for the scratch off.

And of course, once everyone opened them... these were the results!!




 So, yes, the Hartman family is expecting another baby BOY!
I will forever be horribly outnumbered in my house by Hartman men. Lord help me ;)

Oh, and just in case you still need "proof" that baby is a boy... Check out this cute pic the ultrasound tech snapped...

Yupp, it's a boy. No clue why she decided that was necessary, I believed her when she told me...

Either way, Baby Boy Hartman is healthy and on his way, come October!! 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what's happening with you!