Thursday, June 21, 2012

{23 weeks!}

How far along? 23 weeks!
How big is baby? just over 1 pound, and just shy of a foot long (about the size of a large mango)
Weight gain: according to my bathroom scale, I'm down two pounds from last week. who knows.
Maternity clothes? getting dressed is a chore. i favor the sweats and keegan's tees.
Stretch marks? notta.
Sleep: is non existant, for the most part. Nothing new there.
Best moment this week: Aldon got to feel his baby sibling kick and roll! And today he was talking to baby, and I taught him how to say my choice for baby's name ;) Keegan and I can't ever agree on a name for baby (except middle name), so I figure it's time to bust out the serious ammunition and get Aldon on my side.
Miss Anything? My old wardrobe. I was lucky enough with Aldon that I could still wear regular jeans throughout my pregnancy, I just bought them in a size 1 or 3 so they were a little bigger. Not so fortunate this time, but even in extra small petite maternity pants there's room for one and a half of me. I don't like leggings (they make me look even shorter, if that's possible) so for now I've been dressing like a bum in sweats and then squeezing into whatever I can for when we have to leave the house. It. Is. Miserable. 
Movement: Tons of mega kicks and rolls, but only when I'm rocking in the chair at night. Ever since a few weeks ago we've been able to see the kicks, rolls, and jabs from the outside, too!
Food cravings: lemons, peaches, yogurt (preferably frozen) and recently gummy bears. I could eat a whole bag of Haribo. 
Anything making you queasy or sick: I'm back to where I can't stomach the idea of meat. uck.
Gender: stilll not disclosing ;)
Labor Signs:
are a long ways away!
Symptoms: this week there's been a lot of heartburn (I don't go anywhere without my Tums, same as with Aldon), and calf cramps. Though the latter could just be due to hefting Toddler Wonder around.
Belly Button in or out? In
Wedding rings on or off? On
Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy!

Looking forward to: practicing with Aldon in saying (my choice for) baby's name :) 


I am amazed at how fast these weeks are flying by! Yet at the same time I still have so long to go before baby is here. I've been stressing so much lately about how Aldon is going to like being a big brother... and how I'm going to adjust to loving them equally. I know most parents are worried about favoring a new baby, but I'm worried about favoring Aldon. Don't get me wrong, I'm over the moon about baby 2, especially since we were trying for several months to get pregnant with no luck, decided to give up and then bam! baby on the way :) But I can't help but feel I was much, much more... involved, I guess is the word, with being pregnant with Aldon than I am this time around. The 40 weeks seemed to stretch on forever and we could barely wait until the next doctor's visit. This time? I guess I'm just too busy to notice the little things that were such a big deal the first time around. Keegan will ask me if baby moved a lot during the day, and I'll have no clue because, while I could spend all day counting Aldon's kicks, I barely register this one moving unless I'm sitting down doing nothing (which doesn't happen much, because that's hella boring).

I'm sure that my worries are common to all moms, and I shouldn't worry about it, but it's kinda like this for me- you know how you tell other people their babies are so cute, and they very well may be, but in your head you're totally saying "mine is way cuter, hands down"? (don't lie. we all do it. except, for me, it's the truth) Well, I feel like that between my own two. Baby 2 may be perfect, but Aldon's already my little sidekick and I've had almost 20 months to dwell on how much more perfect he is than any other kid ;)  

But enough of that depressing talk... Tonight we're going to attempt to take Aldon to an outdoor movie at Crocker Park! During the summer they play a different movie every Thursday night, and tonight happens to be kid-friendly so we'll see how it goes :)

1 comment:

  1. Baby #2 will be just as loved as Mr. Aldon!! You are such a good mom -- With 25+ nieces and nephews -- I can only comment with my aunt / babysitting / teaching abilities -- but I say, with your 1st you are crazy excited, counting down, and your right, now because you are such an awesome mommy, you are doing crafts, reading with Aldon, taking him to movie nights, walking the dog, going here-- going there, and not recgnozing those things that were so important the first time around! Aldon is going to be such a good big brother! I fricken cannot wait to find out if this baby is a boy or girl and I totally {lol} about you having Aldon on your side in the game!- <3 the baby babble -- following every week!!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what's happening with you!