Thursday, June 19, 2014

DIY Cloud Dough

As promised from yesterday eons ago, here is the recipe for homemade "cloud dough":
  • 1 part shaving cream
  • 1 part corn starch
  • food coloring (optional- after making this several times I actually prefer to leave it uncolored)
That's it!!



I usually start with dumping some corn starch on the table, then the boys can take turns squirting shaving cream on top and mixing it in with their hands. The texture is silky soft, and molds together easily almost like "Moon Sand."

This does have the potential to make a bit of a mess, but I haven't experienced any troubles with clean-up: a broom or vacuum gets any remainders off of the floor and a damp rag cleans up the surfaces. 

I prefer to leave this uncolored, because it actually left my boys' hands stained a little for the remainder of the afternoon! It washed off after a while, but we'll stick with white from now on ;)

Hope you enjoy this activity as much as we do!


Liam playing hard with the cloud dough- note that I wasn't kidding about the mess ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what's happening with you!