Thursday, May 17, 2012

{bell pepper}

How far along? 18 weeks! (Baby is the the length of a bell pepper)
Total weight gain: about 8ish pounds (despite looking like I swallowed a whole cantelope)
Maternity clothes? Maternity shirts mostly, I can still squeeze into my "mom jeans"
Stretch marks? Nope!
Sleep: I actually managed to stay up until 10 pm last night! Usually I'm sleeping by 9, and wake up around 6 am. However, since our move Toddler Wonder has been on all sorts of a whacked sleep schedule- this morning we were up at 5 am. Ew.
Best moment this week: Felt baby from the outside :)
Miss Anything? caffeine! (I have a feeling I will be saying this every week, but seriously on days like today it's a crime to not have it).
Movement: S/he hardly ever moves. Stinker. But I did feel some pretty good thumps yesterday!

Food cravings: Sour citrus fruits/flavors, and then just random things will pop into my head that all of a sudden sound amazing and I must have right now (today for example, it was cheesy lentils. I ate half of the pan. Moderation never has a set amount, after all)
Anything making you queasy or sick: Red meat, still. And oddly enough, sandwiches. Twice this week a sandwich (nothing fancy, just some sort of bread or wrap with usually turkey and tons of veg) sounded fantastic, but as soon as I took a bite it just grossed me out.

Gender: We will find out soon.... :)
Labor Signs:
are a long ways away!
Symptoms:
Belly Button in or out? In
Wedding rings on or off? On
Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy now that things are finally settling down!

Looking forward to: Next baby appt in 2 weeks and finding out if Aldon has a baby brother or sister! 



please excuse my messy mantle behind me, I still haven't feng shui'd everything yet ;)
Whew! it's been a seriously long two weeks. I know, I missed week 17. I was busy ya know, moving to a different state and chasing after the three children I live with- hubs, toddler, and fur child.

I think Aldon is taking very well to being an Ohio babe. He's always had his own room, but our house in Michigan was older than this country I swear and his room wasn't exactly 'baby-proof' for him to just be able to roam and play in. He loves his new room! It's not uncommon for him to go in there and shut to the door so he can "have his privacy" to play with his toys. Seriously, toddlers are divas. 

Macy as well is livin' it up. She loves having much more yard space to play in. However, the birds, squirrels, chipmunks and deer also love the yard as well. And Macy doesn't love them loving "our" yard. So she barks. and barks. and barks. And lays out in front of the patio door and barks. and runs over to the huge window looking out the front and barks some more. I should probably mention that earlier this week made a special trip to go sign her up for "summer school" aka a 6 week training/obedience course ;)

Other than that, we are all just enjoying the month of down time we have! It feels so strange to not have an agenda every day... Keegan doesn't start with his company until mid June, so we've been spending the time going to the zoo, exploring the neighborhood, checking out the parks around us, driving down the lake (the whole three minute drive).... It's quite nice :) Later this week we have plans to check out downtown Cleveland more and explore the Great Lakes Science Center and theCleveland Children's Museum!  

I know I'm a horrible blogger (this is just more of a way to keep the masses updated), but I have SO many plans/ideas floating around for Aldon & I this summer that I plan on writing about! I'm excited!! Hopefully I'll be able to get them all down :) 


No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what's happening with you!