Monday, August 06, 2012

time flies!

I know, I know. I suck at updating this. forgive me.

So, since I haven't written a new post in, about, a decade- here's what our crazy bunch has been up to!

  • I'm still pregnant! Weeks 27, 28, & 29 went by in a blur. I've gained around 16 pounds total, which is a little on the small side. However, I'm still measuring 1-1.5 cm larger than average so my doctor suspects we'll be having one big baby! And all I want to eat is baked potatoes, plain, and lots of them.
  • Keegan & I toured the hospital birthing center! The hospital has a Level III NICU & birthing center (as in, the highest rated), which provides so much peace of mind that in case anything should ever go wrong, they got this. 
  • Liam's room is about 99.7% completely set up & ready for him! The last of the storage stuff has been put away or toted back to storage for later, and just about everything is in it's place. The only thing left to do, really, is convince Keegan that his mounts (3 of them) can have their own place in storage and don't need to go up anywhere in this house... (I know, wish me luck there)
  • Aldon is 21 months old! He's so close to 2 it's scary. He must do everything "big boy" style now- sitting at the table to eat, eating with regular silverware, helping with things around the house (favorites: laundry, sweeping, and picking up toys), he must be the one who feeds the dog every day and must help take her for walks... pretty soon he'll have a mortgage and car payments, I swear. His speech is ridiculously clear now, too, compared to just a week or two ago, and usually everything is said in three word sentences. He has a severe affection for dairy products- milk, yogurt and cheese, and prefers veggies over any kind of meat, any day. 
  • With Aldon being more independent every day, I have so much more free time! It's such an unsettling feeling sometimes to not have anything to do... but I can't say I mind ;) I've been sewing/crafting up a storm. In the past few weeks, I've made for him a quillow, toddler snuggie, alphabet bean bags, and have a quiet book and some cloth diapers set aside for later. Of course, Liam has some baby burp rags, blankets, and cloth wipes waiting for him. Also on my to-do list is finish putting together a "Big Brother Kit" for Aldon for when we're in the hospital with baby :) 
  • We had visitors! My in-laws came down to stay with us for about a week. Aldon thoroughly enjoyed having extra attention and another animal to terrorize  love. 
  • Aldon's 2nd birthday party is about 80% planned! We have the date set, the invite list, the menu, theme, decoration ideas, etc. All that's left to do is put it all together :) Last year we went big- about 80 people invited and I honestly have no clue how many actually showed up to the party because it was a busy, hectic (but fun) day. Obviously, this year things are different- Liam will be just a few days old and we're about 8 hours away from family. Even though it won't be as big as his first birthday, I'm determined to still make it awesome for him :)
 There's probably a dozen or so other updates, but that's the basics. As always, life is moving 500 miles an hour and I'm just trying to keep up. Hopefully I'll actually update this thing more than once a decade, though ;)

Oh, and seriously, I need this. In both a 2T & Newborn size, please.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what's happening with you!